Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Play's of the Past

It was around this time in the past that as a child, I would partake in the Christmas Plays at ICCS, the neighborhood children and Friday Night Family Group.

 The first one was at ICCS; I was 6 years old and was the lead sheep. I think I did well for a lead sheep considering all I did was lay around and wear cotton balls all over me. I almost wish I had a picture to show you. We sang Christmas Carols that year too and like bad experiences, that I find embarrassing, one of them happened that night. As I was singing, I spaced out and had one of my many staring spells of the day. I don’t know how long it lasted but when I snapped out of it, I was the only one on stage and the entire student body and their families were looking at me waiting to get off stage. Now I wonder why my health has caused me such great setbacks in the past.

I participated in two more Christmas programs at ICCS, before we started homeschooling. I always liked the live nativity they had there and wanted to be part of it.

 One year I gathered all of the kids on my street and we put on a Christmas play for our parents to watch. We rehearsed for days. Again, something happened all of the kids froze up and got stage fright. Me, being the oldest I did the impossible I put on a one Woman play act that day. I did well considering that my cast and crew fell through.

 The last of the Christmas Plays I put on was at our Friday Night Group. I did probably five of them and took charge of two of them. The last one was the biggest and well constructed. I wrote the script, gathered all the props and costumes, and even got someone to play the guitar for the songs. Everything went well except, I butted heads with the producer (we were both Control Freaks at the time.)

 Again, if it was not health or a one-woman act play it was getting theatrical. I had the script based on scripture and I memorized all of the lines for Cousin Elizabeth. I rehearsed until I could say everything in my sleep (I think I still have it memorized to this day.) The scene came and I said my lines, until half way through I brought it up a notch and started crying and jumping up and down. The girl who was playing Mary started to giggle, but stayed in character. People looked serious and thought that was planned. When I was done with my scene, I went back stage and got ready for my character (I played two or three different people.)

 The rest of the play went well and the Christmas Carols went as planned. I was praised for having such a dramatic piece and someone mentioned that Elizabeth might have actually jumped up and down and cried tears of Joy when seeing Mary. I heard that someone actually taped the play. I would probably like to see it just for laughs. Until this day, everyone laughs about my dramatic performance.

Now I wonder why I am so animated, it must come naturally.

How is that for one “Happy Coconut”

Until next time this is Mylea Janis Teresa saying God bless, be Joyful and don’t forget to Pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment