Thursday, December 8, 2011

What are you going to Do? Blog Post 2: You would be good as .vs. Have you considered

Everyone has an opinion they might not speak it but it's there. Then there is the ones that are really bold and tell me what I should do.

I use to think that they are telling me what to do.
I find that not true now they are are suggesting what I could do.

I will show you what I have been told and how I have reacted in the past and now in the present.

Religious Life

I have to laugh at this one the people that have suggested I enter a convent are Men. The one that does it the most is who you could call a lady's man. He would make an awesome Fr. Stan... he could easily grow the beard.

I think he just said that because he saw me reading and praying. We went to Youth 2000 and he kept asking me if I was going to Pray the Liturgy of the Hours with the religious, if I was going to eat with the religious or fast with the religious, which I more likely did at the time. At Youth 2000 he badgered me the most about if I was going to go to the meeting with the religious. From there whenever the religious was brought up he made sure I talked about it.

At the time I was cold and bitter and pretty much bit his head off whenever I talked to him about it. It wasn't that I did not want to join but that I was in a state of discernment of the religious life at the time. Now I would probably ask him about his vocation and even discern with him.

I can see his face now if he only knew of my Cell  (aka what I call my Room) I should post pictures of it. You should have seen the responses I saw on the faces of the priest who have seen it they loved my prayer shelf (especially Bishop Vann.)

I am not sure if people can come to the ceremony when you receive your vows, but if they could and I did join the religious life. I might send him an invitation just for laughs! I am totally open to religious life and would Joyfully accept that God Willing!

Marriage and Motherhood

Some people have told me that I would be a great mother and wife. I love children, some of the ones I have took care of will throw fits when I am not there. I have formed close bonds to a few that I will literly get emotional when I talk of them. I have heard people say " Mylea is going to be the next Michelle Duggar" I don't know about that even though I have had the wildest dream of having 25 kids only God willing. Everyone knows that to have a family you have to have a husband.

Just to answer any suspicious thoughts. * I don't have my eye on any man, don't have the desire to date, don't have a crush* I will explain in a future blog post what I think of Dating and Crushes. I have been told that I would more likely marry a man who is older than me. I won't list off what I desire in a future spouse but will admit that I have some high standards, which means that they would have to be mature, surprisingly I have discussed and researched the various age groups of men and how they mature. I should do a thesis on that?

What better person could there be than Our Lady to guard and lead my Future Spouse to me. I pray that The Blessed Mother will do just that God Willing!

Fashion

I have considered going into the field of Fashion and starting my own clothing line of modest apparel. I considered even more than ever after last month 's"Modesty Chain Reaction of Emails"  doing just that. But then the profession is ran by people of low moral standards compared to mine. And I hear they are paid Poverty Income.

Teaching

I have been told that I would be a good teacher. I could probably not teach in public schools due to not teaching about God. Then again I could be a Sister who is a teacher. I have been told that the way I explain things is amazing. I am not writitng it off  but will have to get my own education out of the way first.

Psychiatry

To some this might be shocking to know that I would look into this.

I probably know more about the profession than the doctors.

I would like to change the spell binding system that is all about drugging and labeling. How do I know, because I have researched and experienced. The traumatic things drugs, counseling, mental wards, labeling and the list goes on... *groan* I feel that my heart might just be in this profession God Willing!

Counseling

If I perused the previous one I would want to get Counseling credentials. I am getting good at being the listener and not the talker at times. I will always have two cents to say... it just might not come out all the time.

Writing

I Love to write, it shows! Wither or not I am doing this blog, writing a book, or writing for a company. I will always write for fun!

I have mentioned now several types of careers that people think I should consider. Along what I have considered and discerning at the present time. As I said in the other blog post for this series. I will do it if God calls me to it. It needs to lead me closer to God . So thirty something years from now I might just be Joyfully doing one of the above all in God's Time!

Until next time this is Mylea Janis Teresa saying God Bless, Be Joyful and don't Forget to Pray!  







No comments:

Post a Comment