Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What are you Going to Do? Blog Post 1: Being Asked The "BIG" Question


I am asked quite often, what I am going to do when I graduate.

I used to hate it when someone asked and would get so upset I would go on for days causing great distress in the family and on myself, but as I get used to people asking me. I look at it as a way of them wanting to communicate with me.

The only way they might have known how to talk to teens is by asking them simple questions that do not take long to answer. They most likely have not talked to a teen that tries to initiate the conversation. This saddens me greatly to know that my generation does not take much effort to answer or speak to their elders.

 Now that I am learning why they want to know, I try to leave a lasting impression on them that does not give teens a bad name *wiping brow* I can already tell I have my work cut out for me.

 Therefore, here is what I try to do… which I did at the Christmas party yesterday, when a woman asked me…

 Women: What do you plan on doing?
Mylea: I plan to do whatever God has in store for me.
Women: *Raises her eyebrows, smiles and sits down*

 I find this to be a reasonable and logical response to people.

 After saying that Mommy leaned over and whispered into my ear saying with a smile on her face “that was a good one Mylea” I replied “that was the first thing that popped into my head and the most likely to be truthful and made logical sense.

 “Another Lady at the table heard and said, “Yes, that was a good one” I explained that whatever I chose needs to lead me closer to God. He will show me that right path when the time comes. The entire table had all eyes on me when one of the women made the comment of saying as she laughed, “She is so eccentric!”

 Finding Joy in such frustrating questions of the past is more common for me!  

 Until next time this is Mylea Janis Teresa saying God Bless, Be Joyful and do not forget to Pray!     

 My next blog post will be about different Career paths I am discerning and other people’s opinions of what I should do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment