Friday, November 11, 2011

Dressing Modestly: Blog Post 1 How I came to Dress this Way


 I would have gotten this posted sooner today, but we had the air conditioner people come over. I think they did a good job they had to put a intake vent in near my bedroom door so I was trapped for a little bit. The two young men who did it were in their early twenties and very polite when they were done one of them even offered to do my chores ha ha what I mean is he offered to vacuum up the mess for me, but mommy said that I supposed to do it. Over all they did a good job and now whenever I type, my hands will not get cold. So onto the post for today.

Those of you who know me well know I have strict and high standards Modesty wise (I actually have high standards in pretty much everything). I will be doing a series of Blog Posts on Dressing Modestly.

How I came to Dress this way

I dressed in pants and shorts from birth to ten years, but once I was exposed to other people who dressed modestly and I started to do research about modest dress according to church teachings. I started to think about it. I looked at the way Our Lady dressed. I strived to dress as her. I went into a length of two years to try to change my dress I slowly changed from pants and shorts to skirts and dresses.

It was not until one day I went up the street with my mother for a few last minute things at the grocery store. I was wearing a very tight fitting top with no under garment underneath my shirt and short shorts. One of the employees a man in his twenties I suppose gave me a dirty look and walked off. It scared me, made me think twice about my dress and made me want to dress modestly even the more.

Increasing my Standards

By the age of twelve, I was wearing skirts and dresses all the time I began to raise my standards longer skirts and dresses, no slits. For shirts, not as tight and if I could help it longer sleeves. Actually, I increase my standards every year.

Making a Promise to our Lady
I made a promise to our Lady that I would not ever wear a pair of pants again. To me, they feel weird and they seem to not give me room to move. I do not own a single pair of pants. I do own a pair of shorts, but do not wear them.

What I Believe

I have always been taught that men are Visual and that if we show too much skin they will sin. Something women do not want to be held accountable. In addition, we need to focus on a woman’s heart and soul rather less her body.

My next blog Post will be on “Shopping for Clothing and Sewing Clothing”

Until next time this is Mylea Janis Teresa saying God Bless, be Joyful and don’t forget to Pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment